2014 Suzanne Judge. Powered by Blogger.

I'm Back!!

>> Friday, July 24, 2009

I am back from my Muskoka vacation, and I have to say - this was probably the best vacation I have ever had. Usually Chris and I take the kind of vacations where we're doing a lot and going places every day, but this vacay at a cottage in Muskoka for a week just made for a really relaxing and rejuvenating holiday.
We slept in pretty much every day, cooked some great meals, watched movies and read on the days it rained, and hiked, swam, lay on the dock and went out on the seadoo on the nice days. We didn't follow any sort of time-table, just did things when we felt like doing them.

I read a lot, and thought even more. Not about anything in particular - it was like all the things I've been really thinking about and stressing about lately were put on the back burner and just sort of sat there percolating for awhile. Then as the days passed, things and ideas and solutions started becoming clearer and clearer to me. By the time I left I knew that I hadn't been this relaxed, restored, calm and happy about things in quite a while. It's as if I don't feel as restless with myself anymore - I know what I need to do (career-wise) but am also not beating myself up about things anymore and about why I got so off track. I am where I am for a reason and now feel ready and prepared to do the work needed to get where I want to be, but I'm also happy with where I am and don't feel that same self-imposed pressure to get there right away - everything happens at the right time and I'm okay with that.

A big thank-you to the Leighn family for opening up ther beautiful cottage to us for the whole week. It was truly an amazing week and a great time that we'll never forget!!

1 comments:

Joanna August 5, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

Sounds like a wonderful, restful vacation.

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP