2014 Suzanne Judge. Powered by Blogger.

Moments of Clarity

>> Friday, January 23, 2009

I had a moment yesterday. It was one of those moments that makes you stop in your tracks and seems to make life stand completely still for a second.

I was at work, trying to make my way through a 20 page report of inaccurate inventory numbers. I was scanning through our wall of journals in our gift section (admitedly in a bit of a daze) when something on the bottom shelf caught my eye. It was a nice, medium-sized journal, but it was the fact that it was ring-bound that got my attention. I've been looking for a ring-bound journal for awhile now, to take with me to Uganda to record my thoughts and observations while I'm there. I crouched down to have a closer look and to see how much it was, and it was then that I saw the quote written in gold lettering across the cover.

"In the midst of our lives, we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."

I must have stared at it, reading the inscription over and over again, for only about 30 seconds - but to me seemed more like 5 minutes. It felt like someone had somehow gotten into my head, figured out exactly what I've been thinking / feeling / questioning for the last year or so, and in one sentence, in 16 words, not only summed up my biggest question, but answered it as well.

What is my biggest question? To put it very simply, it's probably the question that plagues most people either at some point in their lives or possibly every single day of their life . . . What is my Purpose? And once I find my Purpose, how do I go about living it?

The answer? Find what makes your "soul soar" and Do it. Stop making excuses, Stop being afraid, Stop giving up before you've even tried. Find what you love, find what brings you joy. If it makes time stand still for you, if it brings you true happiness, then it just may be your Purpose. And your Purpose reflects back onto others, for if it's real then it involves giving back to others and passing it on.

What makes your soul soar? What are you here for? Deep down, at the core of our being, we all know. It may take awhile to find, for many of us have spent years and years covering it up and burying it under so much fear and so many assumptions that it might take some work to dig up . . . but it's there. You'll know it when you find it. And when you do find it, take action. Do it, make it happen, make your soul soar. One of the greatest tragedies is to know what you're meant to be doing with your life and not take action.

Find the magic, make it happen.

1 comments:

Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

So real... wow. Thanks for this. It was very encouraging!
xoxox

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP